What's New at Licht 'n Stein?
April 15, 2005
Our project is alive again!
We finished the extensive re-design of the floor plan:
- due to necessary full-log "fire-safe" wall between main living area and the main floor garage, cost for logs only went up by ~50%
- ICF is more energy efficient, is environmentally friendly, tornado-proof, termite-proof, superior sound-proof, etc.
- slightly widened and deepened the floor plan by approximately 10" (25 cm)
- to accommodate the standard ICF size
- finally figured out a good way to layout the stairs to the basement
- (it probably was the 10" gained in width)
- drew the masonry stove to scale
(see the latest floor plans here)
and...last but most important: We now have a 3-D model (thanks to our purchase of Punch! software)!!